Light Up Your Kitchen With The Help of Urban Ambiance!
Creating the right ambiance in your home is important if you want your space to be comfortable, relaxing, and functional. When building or renovating a home, choosing fixtures and styles of lighting can be an entire job in itself. Different areas of the home will require different lighting to achieve the decor style you're going for while also providing the illumination you need during day-to-day life. Because your kitchen is usually the hub of the household, choosing the appropriate lighting may seem like a daunting task to decide upon, but rest assured that at Urban Ambiance, we provide many types of lighting techniques and products that are sure to suit your needs and elevate the overall appearance of your home.
Many homeowners decide on multiple types of lighting in the kitchen for varying needs. For many families, the kitchen is in use multiple times throughout the day so different functionalities and brightness are necessary.
The main lighting in your kitchen should produce a warm yet bright glow, allowing you to see what's going on without shadowing or dimness. For lighting that makes a statement, try:
- Pendant lights, or drop fixtures, are lighting fixtures that hangs from the ceiling, suspended by a metal rod, chain, or cord. These kinds of lights are fully customizable to provide you the look you want while providing the lighting the best works for you. Traditionally, these kinds of lights are hung in multiples over a kitchen island.
- Chandeliers are a popular option to make a room elegant while illuminating it effectively. These fixtures contain many light bulbs to produce a soft yet comfortable glow.
- Ceiling fixtures are a common lighting technique, consisting of a single mounted fixture on the ceiling. Available in a multitude of colors, materials, and styles, these timeless fixtures can spruce up any space, no matter what your decor is.
Other types of lighting to consider in your kitchen are:
- Under-the-cabinet lights, installed under your cabinets to illuminate your countertops, best for use at night when bright lighting isn't necessary.
- Recessed lighting is a light fixture installed in a hollow opening in the ceiling. There are typically many installed to provide a consistent, warm glow throughout the room. Many types of recessed lighting are installed on a dimmer switch so you can change the brightness to your liking.
If you're in the market for new lighting in your kitchen or elsewhere in your home, let Urban Ambiance help you and contact us today. Providing high-quality, one-of-a-kind fixtures, you won't be disappointed with our selection!